Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It has been a long time since I posted my blog update in 2009. Now, it is already year 2011. Wow, it is unbelievable that I am almost 22 years old!! There are 2 more years to finish my studies in Arizona. Hopefully, I could get my geosciences bachelor with flying colors, Insya ALLAH and manage to get a job with Petronas.

Alhamdulillah, I woke up early this morning at 6.30 a.m. However, it is quite weird because I slept late last night at 2.oo a.m but still I could manage to get up early for subuh. Yesterday, even though I went to bed early at 11.45 p.m., I realized that I woke up late at 8.15 a.m. So, does this mean that I have to sleep late every night in order to wake up early in the morning?

What have I done during the Spring break 2011? On last Saturday, I went to Tucson Book Festival which is held annually in order to encourage Tucson community especially children and teenagers to have interest in reading books. To me, the festival was quite boring because most of the attractions were set up to appeal children and their parents to get involved in the activities provided.

I just bought a Spanish-English bilingual book because I wanted to improve my Spanish and to be able to write in Spanish better than before. Actually, I love books. I would have bought all the books sold at the festival if I had a lot of money. Nevertheless, I don't think I would have time to read all these books since I have more geology textbooks to read. Thank Allah at least I have interest in books.

Also, I have been to Student Recreation Center for three days since last Sunday for swimming. Swimming is one of my favorite sports. It is proven that this sport can help maintain our body in shape and increase our stamina and strength. Swimming is a sport that is encouraged by Islam besides archery and riding horse. I became in love with this sport since the first day I learned swimming basic techniques. Breast stroke is the most stroke I like because I don't easily feel tired when I swim using this technique.

Despite having been a student at the UA for 2 years, I have to admit that I've never finished exploring the rec center due to the fact that I just go there to play badminton. I knew where the swimming pool was, but the funny part was I could not find the way to get there. After I entered the rec center, I started searching for the way to get to the pool. I found a paper attached to the wall that stated: 'enter the swimming pool through men's locker room'. Finally, I could swim in the pool!! The water in the pool was perfect, clear and clean. The pool is designed with different depths ranging from shallow (3 ft) from one side to deep (9 ft I guess) in the other side. I hope to do more exercise at the pool more often since I already paid for it in the tuition fee.

I wish I could finish my physic report before the school starts. Alhamdulillah, I already started doing some of my homework. I will try my best to finish them! Amin..

No comments: