Saturday, January 16, 2010

Last friday night, all of us, gathered for the first time in this year at Abg Hazrul's house to attend halaqah (usrah). Alhamdulillah, I felt very thankful because it was like I was coming back to my hometown in Malaysia. As usual, we prayed solat isyak together and discussed some controversial issues regarding Islam.
The main topic of our disscussion was about dogs and swine (pork). According to mazhab syafiee, if we touch a dog or a pig or other things that have to do with them, we need to clean the part of our body that we used to touch them with water mixed with soil and clean water. However, for other mazhabs, their scholars opined that the touched part just needs to be cleaned with clean water and soap. Only if the dog licked at place, let say a plate, then the plate must be washed using the soil water and clean water.
Also, the other isues disccused were the rulings of coloring hair and wedding in Islamic perspective. After that, together we read surah al fath verse 1-9 and its meaning. Before that, Kak Ezfa had cooked for us some food. We were served mee sup, cake and grape fruits. Wani Khaliza brought a dish they had prepared at Sahara Apartment. All of the food was yummy, mouthful and absolutely delicious. I was pretty full last night. Alhamdulillah.
Besides, they were planning to have a trip to California this summer. Most probably to LA, Universal Studion and Hollywood. I attentively listened to their conversation for I was not really familiar with those places. They seemed zealous and positive about the trip. I surmised that it would be done after all of us have finished with final exams. Nonetheless, perhaps I would not join this trip if I did not have sufficient budget. Furthermore, I am still thinking whether to go back to Malaysia at the end of the semester.
I miss my family very much. I am craving to eat malaysian food especially cooked by my grand mother. Yeah.. but many things must be taken into consideration such as money, flight ticket, my accomodation for fall term and problems that might appear due to my 'unresolved visa'.
Insya Allah, I will try my best to resolve all of these matters wisely, step bu step. There's a will, there's a way.

No comments: